Back in the Spring we were approached by Departures Magazine to put together a list of our favorite local home decor shops. Huge fans and admirers of our fellow Boston shop owners, we were thrilled to have the opportunity to give shout-outs to our favorites. Since our reasons for choosing each shop was not published in the magazine, we thought it would be fun to share them here on our blog. Here is the “un-cut” version:
With thoughtfully curated independent home decor shops popping up all over the city, Boston is emerging as a design destination. Here are some of our favorites:
- Lekker: Natalie’s European infused shop is a must visit for everyday wares that are both beautiful and functional.
- Hudson: Jill brings the relaxed spirit of Southern California to the heart of Boston’s South End with her collection of effortlessly elegant home accessories.
- Koo de Kir: Right off of Charles Street in Beacon Hill, Koo de Kir is the go-to spot for sure to be loved hostess gifts.
- Acquire: Nikki’s perfect blend of vintage finds and new treasures makes Acquire reason alone to check out Boston’s North End.
- J.E.M Home: A hidden gem of the South End, Jane’s shop features a great selection of unexpected statement pieces with an industrial vibe.
- Reside: A favorite of ours for design projects, Reside has a fantastic selection of vintage furnishings with a fresh edge.
- Michelle Wiley: Michelle’s inviting shop, where you can find simple elegant dinnerware sitting beside playful home accessories, is not to be missed.
- Patch NYC: A trendsetting shop with lots of edge, Patch NYC is the destination for hip home and personal accessories.
Thanks to Lauren Bell for her wonderful article featuring Twelve Chairs on Wine + Food Travel! Here’s a little excerpt…“It’s the kind of shop I want to live in. It is uncluttered, beautifully curated, welcoming, and comforting….It is everything I dream of when wishing that the world still required hand sewing and writing with pen and ink.”Be sure to check out the full article and the rest of the site where they are “redefining what living well means.” Love it!
To see our names printed in Elle Decor is absolutely surreal. When we first heard that the magazine was considering Twelve Chairs for their Hot Shops section we literally jumped for joy. It has been our design bible since we were teenagers dreaming of a career in interior design. More exciting than knowing you’re going to be in Elle Decor, though, is actually seeing yourself in Elle Decor. On that note, we would like to take a moment to apologize to the sweet woman at South Station that we came close to trampling in our race to get our hands on this issue. The next time you’re at your local newstand, check out page 54 of Elle Decor’s February/March Issue (we promise not to trample you)!
Our one of a kind mirrors received a shout out on page 139 of New England Home’s January/February issue. You can browse the entire issue from here. How we love magazines with digital versions!
Back in November we had the pleasure of meeting Gail Ravgiala (Editor) and Danielle Ossher (Associate Editor) of Design New England. Being a reader of the the magazine since its debut four years ago, it was great to meet the ladies behind its success. To then find out Twelve Chairs was going to be featured in their magazine, well we couldn’t be more thrilled! You can check out the article and browse through the entire issue here: http://digital.designnewengland.com